I got the front and back of the poncho joined. Now all it needs is joining at the shoulders. I was contemplating putting an extra few rows in there but I changed my mind on that. I’m just going to make up the length with rounds around the edges. I also thought about making some little 4 inch squares and adding them around the edges!! I’d almost rather do that than sit and work around and around the hem several times. I’m mostly out of the variegated that I used for the main body. I’ll have to throw in another color from my stash. It might look wacky but them’s the breaks.
As I surmised, the neckline is really large. I made the two half grannies shown and plan on installing them right in the V of the join, then going around with the neckline border. It might save some time and yarn.